Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2005 TL failed P0420 code, it is P0420, I have not tried…

Customer Question
My 2005 TL failed...

My 2005 TL failed P0420 code

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

It is P0420

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything, can you give me a hint?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that so I have

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Acura
8/1/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech. replied 11 months ago
Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.

This code is for the o2 sensor. It has detected that the cat is not working to spec. This can be caused be a bad down stream o2 sensor, bad catalytic converter, a vacuum leak, or You are running to rich. Where there any other codes set? How does the car drive?