FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

I purchased a brand new Acura 2017 MDX. It has less than

Customer Question

I purchased a brand new Acura 2017 MDX. It has less than 10,000 miles. When I start the vehicle, the seat always adjusts to my setting but my steering wheel does not always position correctly and I have to push the button on the door to get it to position correctly. It is very annoying. Please help. Thanks.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: It has been at Hall Acura in Virginia Beach for a week and the mechanic says the battery checks OK. They tell me that before Acura will provide any assistance under warranty, they have to reproduce the situation. It does not happen all the time. I provided seven videos that I took over a 2 week period to the dealership showing what it does. They still say that they have to reproduce the problem.
JA: Are you fixing your ZDX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is an MDX
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Acura
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is a programming issue. This is very common on this vehicle and the dealer should just reprogram the memory module. I have seen this and the programming fixes it evry time that I have done it. Please let me know if you need more help.