sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

Radio turned on but there is no sound i reset the code turns

Customer Question

hello radio turned on but there is no sound i reset the code turns on but no volume and can hear amplifier clicking on
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: yes i have radio code put it in and radio turns on but no sound
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2003 acura tl
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i was doing other work on it battery was disconnected and I reset it with the code can a fuse still be blown even if radio is turned on ?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes can a fuse still be blown causing the volume to not turn on even if radio powers on
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the radio works otherwise normally but there is no sound then odds are the issue is with the amp, if equipped. If the amp is not functioning then you will have no sound. It will require some testing to determine what is going on. If the amp is not functioning it is either due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground. One power feed comes from the radio and the other power feed to the amp is shared by the radio, so it won't be a blown fuse. The amp's power and ground feeds would need to be tested to know for sure if there is a wiring issue, but if it isn't functioning then odds are it has failed.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!