thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

Acura MDX 2004 - VTM-4 light and VSA light up and suddenly

Customer Question

Acura MDX 2004 - VTM-4 light and VSA light up and suddenly no power to accelerate. Thoughts?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Have you had it scanned for any codes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no. can't get into the mechanic before Monday- about 10 miles away. Just trying to get some sense of how serious it may be and if I can drive it in.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not want a call, but thank you.

There is about 10 different things tat could be the cause of that so with out the codes it would be hard to pinpoint.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thanks. ***** need to have had the car scanned by a mechanic before contacting you? No best guesses at this point or shall we sign off?

Yes let me know what codes come up and we can figure it out