Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

1988 Acura 2.5 TL. code reader indicated that my vehicle

Customer Question

1988 Acura 2.5 TL . code reader indicated that my vehicle speed sensor was defective. I bought a new one and yet I can't locate its placement on the engine. The Chilton manual shows a picture of the one I bought but i can
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: 'no.
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Duralast SU5480 speed sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is the sensor visible from above in the drivers side of the engine compartment?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Todd M replied 14 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Here is the information that you have requested. The location of the VSS is on top of the transmission and should be viable from above. Here I am providing removal information along with the location information for the sensor.

Expert:  Todd M replied 14 days ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.