thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

My acura's battery died and once I could restart my car, the

Customer Question

Hi, my acura's battery died and once I could restart my car, the alarm horn rings. I know the glove box is the place to find the serial code to reset the radio, but unfortunately somesome tear it away. Please tell me what should I do to get my device serial code? thanks
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no thats it.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi! i've been waiting too long, I want my refund now!
Expert:  Michael Koster replied 4 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** help you get your radio code. I apoligize for the wait but you must understand we don't work for justanswer and we get to questions as soon a we see them. Back to your radio code, if you do not have navigation, with the car on and the radio off hold down 1 and 6 on the radio and then hit the radio power button. It should give you an 8 digit code. Get that to me and i can get you your radio code. If you have navi I will have to get you a different set of instructions when i get to work.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i did it as you said and watched some youtube videos demo the same way but...
I press 1 and 6 at the same time, then press the pw button, there was nothing happened.
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

Can you please try it again? Make sure the radio displays "CODE" before you try and have the key on.