Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I have power from battery to ballest and to the plug but my

Customer Question

I have power from battery to ballest and to the plug but my low beams do not work
JA: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?
Customer: The core it's bad but it puts out 12.4
JA: What is the model of your '12 Acura?
Customer: 2004 tl type s
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I bought new bulbs for 100$ each and checked all my fuses and realays
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes does my radio have anything to do with it I was told that I had to put my radio code and it might work
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Have you checked the low beam relay to see if it is sound?

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Is it both sides that are out?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
relays are good and yes both sides are out
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is that your answer
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

I understand. I am suspecting the high/low beam switch solenoid in one of the lamps, likely the right headlamp to be faulty. Give me just a moment, please.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Either that, or there is a bad connection to/from the low beam relay.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

I am still reviewing the circuit.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.
I see that since the relays are good, then your issue may be in the dimmer switch or the combination control unit. These components are respnsible for grounding the relay so that the correct beam will come on. I am suspecting the a faulty signal is being sent and only the high beam relay is being grounded.
High and Low Beams
The high and low beam headlight relays are located within the relay control module. The relays receive battery voltage at all times. The grounding and operation of the relays are controlled by the multiplex system.The combination switch control unit receives information signals about operating conditions from the headlight switch and from the dimmer switch.When the headlight switch is turned on and the dimmer switch is set to HIGH or LOW, the information from both switches is processed by the combination switch control unit and transmiffed from control unit to control unit across the multiplex communication lines. The relay control module will then ground the appropriate high or low beam relay to operate the necessary headlights.
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Here is component location and dimmer switch testing information.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Here is general testing for the headlamp circuits. Although, I would test dimmer switch and the circuits to be sure that is is sound.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed