thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

The VSA triangle light is on when I start it and once it

Customer Question

Hi, the VSA triangle light is on when I start it and once it gets going the VSA illuminates. Tried the dash button to turn on/off but no help. Brake lights are working. Trying to avoid a trip to the dealership diagnostic bay. Any ideas?
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Not yet. Car has 125k miles and don't think it's ever been changed
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2005 TSX
JA: Are you fixing your TSX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Probably not unless it's pretty simple. To this point have been checking forums to get some ideas before going to a dealer or a mechanic.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Acura
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

These lights come on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the system will set a fault code and or codes. In order to determine where to start with this repair you are going to need to retrieve the fault code and or codes. You should be bale to do this by grounding cavity #9 of the OBD-II and then count the flash code and or codes. See the link below for the pin #9 location in the connector. See if you can get me a code and we can work from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/DLC%20pin%20%239%20Jan%202.pdf

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No idea what you're asking me to do
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Im asking you to ground pin #9 at the DLC (data link connector) and count the flash code and or code from the light to get the fault code and or codes that should be setting.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No thanks. Dont expect to fix it myself unless very simple. Don't think this was what u
I was looking for
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

From reading you post I assumed you wanted to try and figure out what was causing the light to come on to avoid going to the dealer. In order to give you a proper answer I need to know what the code and or codes are that should be setting when the light is on. Unfortunately there is no other way of knowing with out knowing the code. This type of problem is never a simple fix.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Understand.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

If you able to find someone who is comfortable doing this for you, post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

In the mean time, you are safe to drive the car with these lights on with no issues.