acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

I'm getting a error message every time I put in the code

I'm getting a error message every time I put in the code error 1 comes up try it again then error 2 comes up in disconnect the battery both terminals I also remove the radio. Out of the dash to disconnect the radio still nothing
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: I have the radio code yes it was in the body shop getting some work done.
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2001 Acura MDX touring /Nav
JA: Are you fixing your ZDX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a MDX I try disconnecting the battery I also remove the radio from the dash to disconnect the cable from the battery .etc
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Na that's is about it

Welcome to Just Answer My name is***** here to help you with your problem. If you give me the serial number off the tag on the bottom of the radio I can check that you have the correct code. Does the navigation code work for the navi?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the Nav code works also the radio code use to work cause I had dead battery before.

Ok, then try disconnecting the battery again for at least 30 min. And then remove the radio and disconnect the antenna and try the code again with it unplugged . Sometimes the code chip in the radio fails and the antenna must be disconnected to get them take the code . If it sytill wont work then the radio code chip will need to be replaced at a radio repair shop. I can give a link to a repair facility if you need one.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I try this weekend and I text u back the results either Saturday or Sunday.

ok no problem .I will keep an eye out for your responce

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did everything you advise me to do I disconnect the battery for 30 mins I disabled the radio pull the antenna,connect back without the radio antenna.It accepts the code for the Nav but still the radio comes with a error message.

OK, It might have an internal radio problem. But first lets retry looking up the code again and see if there is more than one listed. Can you give me the serial number off the tag on the radio?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Radio/Serial # AG011260/ code is (26412)
Navi /Serial# ***** code is(7237)

Try 23153 and if that one does not work then there is a problem inside the radio unfortunately. Here is a place that can repair it for you.

http://www.hitechserv.com/electronics-repair/oem-navigation-dvd-cd-changer-repair/65

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Na that code didn't work.i guess I'll call the repair shop you refer me to. Do I send the radio to them or they have a shop near me.

You will need to send it to them. There might be a shop closer to you but this is just one I know fixes these and does a good job.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No problem I'll send the radio to them this Saturday I'll keep you posted when I receive it back.

ok.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Good news Hi tech repair my radio.They had to change the board in my radio.They charge me around $290 which was no problem they also change my code.The code works and I'm happy listening to my radio again.Thank you for referring them to me.

Your welcome , Please don't forget to leave feedback.