thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

I am deciding on keeping or bailing on my 2005 MDX. After

Customer Question

I am deciding on keeping or bailing on my 2005 MDX. After countless repairs my check engine, VTM-4, and maintenance light will not go off. Acura wants $125 per light to evaluate. We are at a loss for what to do next?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: All the lights intermently come on and off. Now they stay on after the start up, idling and daily driving.
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2005 MDX Touring model.
JA: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check engine code-Replace catalytic converter, TMBP-Add air to the tires, VTM4-Going to have the transmission serviced and the maint light is due to a broken switch that will not reset after the oil change was done.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cannot continue to spend money on this vehicle without results ortherwise a newer car will be a better option.
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. You can go by somewhere like Advance Auto or Autozone and they will scan the computer for free. You can then report the codes to me and I will give you diagnostic help.