How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chad Farhat Your Own Question
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Category: Acura
Satisfied Customers: 3631
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
Type Your Acura Question Here...
Chad Farhat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have the electronic shocks on my mdx I need to know if

Customer Question

I have the electronic shocks on my mdx I need to know if they can be replace with regular shocks and not cause any issues
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2007 Acura Mdx
JA: Are you fixing your ZDX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not a zdx a mdx
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

hey how are you.

You can convert from an ADS system to the standard MDX system (non-electronic struts). You can order OEM strut assemblies ,& then place a 1 ohm 10 watt resistor (radio shack - $1.25/each) on each connector that was previously running to the shocks/struts. This Will turn off the ADS warning lights inside the car.

The air suspension air pump will stay running ,I would pull the fuse out for it , you may or may not have a light on dash, sometimes yiu have to go to higher resistor like 1.2 is not exact ,you will have to play with it.

in another words yes it can be done

Please let me know if that works for you or you need anything else

Thank You

Chad Farhat

ASE Certified Technician

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Technician