Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Honda Platinum level master tech,ase certified
13523613

I have a 03 Tl type S and the intermittent window wipers has

Customer Question

I have a 03 Tl type S and the intermittent window wipers has stopped working as well as not being able to turn the wipers off. expect when you turn the car off
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: have not check the fuse. But the wipers work on both normal speed and high speed
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its my wifes car and she just came in and told me of the problem. She also said before it started doing this that the wipers when in intermittent that the wipers would stop in the middle of the windshield
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Acura
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

From the symptoms you describe it does sound like the wiper motor has failed internally. There is a park switch inside the motor that has failed which requires complete wiper motor replacement.

If you are going to try and replace it yourself I can get some directions together if you need them.