Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

My car won't start. Evrything is working except my radio.

Customer Question
JA: Have you checked the...
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Nope their not
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: It's an 2005 tl
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No not really. I thought that it was my key had need recoding but it wasn't
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that the car is in antitheft lockdown. The anti theft l8ght never stop blinking
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Acura
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/12/2016
Mechanic for Acura: david craig, Acura Mechanic replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, Acura Mechanic

hi im david, so when you are trying to start the car, the security light doesnt go out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's correct

you have another key?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No just one key

ok. let me see if there is a reset for this

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

put the key in the door and lock and unlock the door and then try to start it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done did that already and nothing

ok.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What's next
  1. 1 Check for a light on the dashboard. It will say System on "Theft System" or something similar.
  2. 2 Make sure nothing is loose if you tried to take anything apart.
  3. 3 Check to see if the battery has not been drained. At that point the car will not do any thing, except make a slight effort to start. If the battery is dead, ask someone to help jump start it for you.
  4. 4 Place the key in the ignition, and turn it slightly to the right. This is also known as position 2, in which the car is on but the engine is off. This gives power to the necessary components to allow this method of bypassing the alarm to work. When you turn the key the radio should work, and the dash lights should light up.
  5. 5 Keep the key that way for ten minutes, maybe a little more. The theft system light should turn off, and the car can be started.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried that alteady anything else
  1. Insert the key in the driver's side door. Even if you have a keyless entry, you'll want to use the actual, physical car key and place it in the lock on the outside of the driver's side door.
  2. 2 Turn the key and hold it. Turn the key so that you unlock the door, but hold it in place for several seconds. This can sometimes bypass the factory alarm and allow you to start the vehicle. This method lets the vehicle know that you have the actual key to the vehicle and in most cases will bypass in the even the key fob (the part that permits keyless entry) is broken, misplaced, or has a dead battery
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried that already. Anything else

you need to take it to the dealer and have a new key cut and coded to the computer and immobilizer. that the bot***** *****ne

thebesthonda
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician