Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

Key turns engine over but wont start, had someone to make

Customer Question
key turns engine over but...
key turns engine over but wont start
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: had someone to make new but found my original with key fob. the one they made is after market with no fob
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2012 rdx
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: put key in turned it over and it start briefly then shuts off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: can i do this myself?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Acura
10/10/2016
Mechanic for Acura: Steve, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Technician

Does the car start and run with the aftermarket key?

When the key is in the ignition do you see a green light flashing that looks like a key?

thebesthonda
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician