Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

How do I get the airbag light to go off and stay on my 04

Customer Question

How do I get the airbag light to go off and stay on my 04 Acura MDX
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

There are many components that make up the SRS(supplemental restraint system) that can set the airbag warning light - driver airbag, passenger airbag, seat occupancy sensors, occupancy sensor control module, SRS control module, seat belt tensioners and pre tensioners, wiring harness, coil spring, side airbag, curtain airbag, crash sensors.

So the first step is having the system scanned for fault codes which will tell us the area of concern. Without knowing it, it is guessing as to which is at fault

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.