Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

I have a acura rdx and my wipers are slamming against the

Customer Question

Hi I have a acura rdx and my wipers are slamming against the windshield
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: yes I have power
JA: What year is your RSX?
Customer: the wipers seem to be out of alignment....going past the driver side RDX 2009
JA: Are you fixing your RSX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have new blades
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no...thank you
Category: Acura
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There,
This is Clay, I'm a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description sounds like the wiper arms are out of adjustment. After turning the wipers off the the blades should rest just about an inch above the top of cowl cover. If they are to low they have to be re-positioned with the wipers in the park position. Loosen the wiper arms from the pivots, turn the wipers on and then off , then re-position the wiper arms with the blades about an inch above the top of cowl cover. The nuts that hold the arms to the pivots should be torqued to 22.8 foot pounds. If you would like the complete service procedure I gladly post them for a positive rating.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.