acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

1999 Acura CL camshaft position sensor code my engine rev

Customer Question

1999 Acura CL camshaft position sensor code my engine rev limits at 3000 this happened after engine warsh. were is it located and do you think I jump timing car runs fine until you rev to about 3000
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is***** here to help you with your problem. the camshaft sensor is inside the timing cover the connector could just be wet. Here is the location of the connector. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/cmp.pdf

check it first. I don't think washing the engine will cause the timing to jump.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.