Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

Nav screen black, 2005 RL, putting 4 digit code on, 4178

Customer Question
nav screen black JA: What is...
nav screen black
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2005 RL
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: putting 4 digit code on
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: 4178 yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Acura
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2005
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2005 Acura RL
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is someone there
Answered in 1 day by:
9/25/2016
Mechanic for Acura: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent yet check and see if there are any blown or shorted fuses needing replaced.I have seen blown/shorted fuses cause this issue here before needing replaced for this issue.If this is or was checked and found o.k. this can be due to an internal electrical fault in the radio/nav system itself.I have seen these fail internally needing replaced.The nav unit would have to be removed and tested electronically checking the power and grounds to it to see if this is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician