Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years As a ASE Tech
7276279

Acura 2006 TL No Heat. A/C and Blower works fine. Car gets

Customer Question

Acura 2006 TL No Heat. A/C and Blower works fine. Car gets too cold with A/C on and can't raise inside temperature. Tried running climate control diagnostics ( Hold OFF and press recirculate 5X then release OFF) with no results. Coolant level OK, at MIN level. Engine temp OK. Need to know cost of repair to decide on replacing vehicle.
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: Engine Temp is normal and coolant level is at MIN on plastic tank.
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing other then locating heater control valve and attempting to run diagnostics
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Acura
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

If you place your hand on both heater hoses at the firewall with the engine running and the heater turned on are they both getting nice and hot?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have not done that. Is there a diagnostic for the climate control unit? I suspect you are looking for a bad heater control valve or clogged heater core. Anyway of manually open/ closing heater control valve
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

The heater control valve is cable operated , you can check to see if its moving by having a helper operate the heated control back and forth while you watch the lever on the valve. If it appears to be moving then place your hands on the hoses and see if they are both nice and hot. If the valve is moving and both hoses are not getting hot then this can be caused by either you have trapped air in the cooling system or the heater core is restricted and will need to be back flushed. Check the valve and hose first and let me know the results. See the heater valve location in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Heater%20control%20valve%20Sept%2019.pdf