Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We have a 1999 Acura 3.2 TL. The low-beams start out bright,

Customer Question

We have a 1999 Acura 3.2 TL. The low-beams start out bright, but turn dim within a few seconds and bur an orange color
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes and the high beams stay bright
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I would like to repair this myself but I do not want to buy parts that are unnecessary. both low beams are acting same
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is I all I know
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • More likely to be wire resistance issues, can you do wire testing?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a family emergency and had to leave last Saturday. I have not fixed the problem. What is the best way to test the wiring?

Does your vehicle have the daytime running light option?

Do you have a test light or a volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no daylight running lights. I have a multimeter

I assume both headlights are effected. If that is the case lets test the drivers low beam when working and when dim. Do this by back probing the connector to the headlight while still plugged in. Verify battery voltage on the red/yellow wires and ground on the black wire. If you get those results when the light intensity is good and bad then its not the wiring its the ballast or the bulb to blame.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.