Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

My 00 acura tl serpentine belt broke off and wen that

Customer Question
happened my engine shut off...
My 00 acura tl serpentine belt broke off and wen that happened my engine shut off, and now it cranks but will not turn over...can you tell me what the problem is? My car has an automatic transmission.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Acura
8/22/2016
Mechanic for Acura: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Tong,

I would say the broken belt has damaged the crank angle sensor wiring.

The car will not start without a crank angle sensor signal.

You will need to have the vehicle inspected for result of the belt damage.

I hope this helps.

Gary

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is that located at?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the serpentine belt broke off but the timing belt has crack all around and had a rip after wen the serpentine belt broke

Ok, so the timing belt was damaged by the serpertine belt, is that correct?

Did the timing belt jump teeth as a result of this?

Gary

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im pretty sure the timing belt jumped, but bought all new belts and retimed the belt too and still doing the same crank no start....cranks real fast as theres no timing belt on
thebesthonda
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician