acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

Are you still available to help me find the code for my

Customer Question

Hi.are you still available to help me find the code for my Acura??
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. I can get your code for you . Do you need the radio or navigation code? Do you have the radio serial number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

Ok to get the radio serial number do this

Make sure COdE appears in the upper display. You can do this by briefly disconnecting the battery. 2. Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I), and turn off the audio unit. 3. Push and hold the No. 1 and 6 preset buttons on the audio unit, then turn on the audio unit. The serial number may appear as a single eight-digit number or two four-digit numbers that are combined to create the eight-digit serial number.

To get the navigation serial number you will need to remove the DVD unit from under the passenger seat and get the serial number from the tag on the bottom of the unit. Here is how it comes out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/MDX%20-%20Navigation%20Unit%20Removal.pdf

Get the serial numbers and I can get the codes for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Be right back
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

ok the code site closes soon, So I might need to wait till morning to get the codes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem. I haven't been able to get it out yet
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

ok worse case it will be in the morning let me know when you get them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

The radio one is pretty quick . you can get that one first and maybe I can get that one for you real quick.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to get the radio code. All I need is the navigation. I'm having issues getting the DVD part out
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

ok move the seat all the way forward. pull the plastic trim off the seat track it just uses clips. then you can disconnect the wiring connectors. Then move it all the way back and use a deep 10mm socket to remove the 4 nuts holding the side bracket then iyt pulls forward and out.

Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back to see if you have the serial number yet?