Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

The AC on my 2014 MDX has stopped working... all the

Customer Question
the AC on my 2014...
the AC on my 2014 MDX has stopped working... all the controls are operating but the blowers do not blow. Rear blower operates but blows hot air. hoping it might be as simple as a fuse?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: I have. No issues there.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ideally. Trying to check out the fuses but nit sure which would be the right one.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it stopped working on a very hot day...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Acura
7/25/2016
Mechanic for Acura: Edward, Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. So you get no air flow out of the front blower motor? what about if you just select the vents without AC? Do you get any air flow then?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Alright, this is a 2014 correct?

Does the A/C compressor cycle on at all? or does it not engage?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does not seem to be cycling

Alright, How many miles on it roughly?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
25K

Alright, I believe the software in the climate control system has gotten jumbled up, or the control head itself may be at fault. You don't happen to have an advanced type scanner to communicate with the climate control system do you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not

I understand. That is the first thing I would do is check codes, you are aware 2014 Honda has a 4/50 warranty correct? I would assume whatever is wrong with it would be covered under factory warranty.

Unless it's impact damage or flood damage or something along those lines.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do. Unfortunately I can not get it in for a week and was hoping it might be something easy... a fuse perhaps.

I understand completely, Do you have the owners manual by chance? Fuses start on page 469 with their respective locations. There is a fuse for the front blower motor, a 40 amp.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do and did check that one. It seems fine. Are a couple others labeled fan this or that.

You can check down through the list there, If it says heater/blower or anything with AC on it, I would check it.

If it is not a fuse, then it's likely something along the lines of what I mentioned previously with the Climate Control Software or the Control head itself. Disconnect the neg. battery cable for 5 minutes, then reinstall the negative cable. Sometimes that can clear a code out and restore functionality. Worth a shot if you can't get it in for week.

Any luck with any fuses?

thebesthonda
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician