thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

Previously, my clutch quit engaging and I replaced the

Customer Question

Previously, my clutch quit engaging and I replaced the stator (field coil) myself which fixed that issue. I had the freon evacuated and refilled today and the mechanic didn't mention any sign of pressure drop or leaking. The air coming out with A/C on is ambient, very warm. Any ideas? Failed condenser? Evaporator? Thank you.
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: This is for an A/C clutch.
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2007 Acura Tl Type-S. Automatic.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the A/C clutch and field coil to fix the problem I had with it not engaging. And yes, I'd prefer to fix myself.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.

The A/C system in your Acura works based on refrigerant pressures and electrical signals, all of which are processeded by the onboard computer before it allows compressor operation.

Having said that, I can provide you with the technical knowledge you'll need for a scuccesful diagnosis; however that will mean nothing if you don't have the essential tools needed to perform that diagnosis - set of refrigerant pressure gauges, multimeter and, in some cases, a scan tool.

Please let me know when you're ready and we'll start the procedure.