Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

I did use aftermarket ac transistor, it blew fuse in 10

Customer Question
minutes, why?...
I did use aftermarket ac transistor, it blew fuse in 10 minutes, why?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Acura
7/4/2016
Mechanic for Acura: acramstr, ASE Master Tech replied 1 year ago
acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech

Because either the blower motor is bad or air flow is restricted . or the transistor is defective. Take the blower motor out and replace the transistor (hopefully they will warranty it for you) Watch the blower motor spin as you change the speeds if it spins slow or gets hot it is bad and it is causing the thermo fuse in the transistor to blow. Only run the motor for a minute or so when you test it this way to prevent the transistor from overheating.

thebesthonda
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician