sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My acura 2000 El car key remote doesn't work..i change

Customer Question

hello.. my acura 2000 El car key remote doesn't work..i change already the battery and it's not blinking or just steady light.. can you help me..thank you
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem may be with the fob itself or the keyless entry receiver on the car, the fob being more likely. If you have a second fob that does work but this one does not then it has failed.

If a second fob isn't available then the next step will be to test this fob to see if it is transmitting when pressing the buttons. Most big chain parts stores such as Autozone will test key fobs for free. If the fob isn't transmitting yet the battery is new then the fob will need to be replaced.