Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

My 2003 acura tls won't shift out of par on my driveway.

Customer Question

My 2003 acura tls won't shift out of par on my driveway. Never had this issue before. any ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2003 acura tls stuck in park. won't shift out of park
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i would like to if it is simple fix?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Acura Mechanic should know about your Acura?
Customer: No, car has been well maintained drives well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

HI there,

What model is your vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003 acura tls
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

It's possible you blew a fuse, check fuse #8 and #9 in the fuse box inside the car.

It can also be fuse #47 in the fuse box under the hood. They should be numbered. If it's the fuse under the hood, the brake lights won't work, so a quick test for that fuse is to make sure the brake lights work.

Please check them and let me know.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, hadn't heard back from you so I thought I would check and see if you needed further assistance with this?