Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 2006 Acura RL and want a back up camera that will…

I have an 2006 Acura...
I have an 2006 Acura RL and want a back up camera that will integrate with the existing dash display. I have found the OEM camera part on Honda Parts Unlimited, OEM ACURA 08A21-6H2-360 - CAMERA, REARVIEW.
I have three questions:
1. Will this camera interface with the RLs Dash Display?
2. Does the install require and Installation Kit?
3. Will an Acura Dealer Install it for me?
5/23/2016
mike switzer
this will work with your display, however if your vehicle was not prewired for it then you may need an install kit from the dealer. and yes they can in fact install it. they would probably be the best option since this is a factory part. if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My regular Acura Service Manager told me that there was no install kit for the RV Camera. Can you point me toward the kit on HPU or other source?
there is not actual "kit" it would be a wiring harness if your vehicle does not have it already preinstalled. parts such as those i would not have access to beable to find. nor would i have the access to see if you have a prewired vehicle. do you know what trim line you have on your RL is it the base or above that?
mike switzer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't know trim line. How can I find it?
the dealer will be able to provide that info from the vin.
mike switzer
mike switzer
mike switzer