Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

My name is ***** ***** the hood release on the

Customer Question

Hi ***** ***** my name is ***** ***** the hood release on the inside of the car won't work and I can't open the hood
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I cannot open the hood of the car and hood release is not woring
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.*** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** .Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. .. The best way to open the hood is to have someone push down on it while you are pulling the cable. .If you can access any part of the cable from under the hood, in the grill area, you can cut the outer housing and strip it to where you can grab the cable itself with pliers and pull on it, (while someone pushes down on the hood) . If need be then you will have to lay down under the front of the vehicle and reach up in there with a screwdriver and activate the latch, where the cable goes. ..The only other way would be to get in there with a small wrench, and unbolt the latch itself.. Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..Thanks.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the answer in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address, Thanks