thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

My 2006 Acura Tl will not start replaced the battery and

Customer Question

my 2006 Acura Tl will not start replaced the battery and drove it to school and back home and now it will not start. all the lights work horn will blow but will not start. when we jump start it with the jumper cables it will start then.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my Acura will not start we replaced the battery and . Drove it to school and will not start the lights work and the radio will play but the locks and trunk open slowly. when we jump start the car with jumper cables it will not start and then car will not start the next day.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Waverly Lorello replied 1 year ago.

Hi do you have any warning lights on the dash red battery light etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Well it may have a altenator going bad or there maybe a light on something causing the battery to go dead over a period of time

Do you have a voltmeter by chance

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Just to be sure here will it restart when jumper cables are attached or not start at all with jumper cables attached?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.