Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

In my 1996 acura integra gsr I removed the Distributor. it…

Customer Question
in my 1996 acura integra...
in my 1996 acura integra gsr I removed the Distributor. it has a bolt in the middle to remove the rotor from the distributor.
I went to auto zone and got a new distributor and i guess now they are making them with out the srew in the distributor to get it off.
how do i get the rotor off?
and when i get it off do i need a different pickup for my MSD Ignition?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Acura
3/8/2016
Mechanic for Acura: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 years ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

you received the wrong distributor from the parts store. there are 2 different types, a hitachi and a Tech. take your old one to the part store with you to match up. the correct distributor will have the same rotor as your old one.

you need a scoket to attach to the screw to remove it. it may be a 8mm socket.

Roy

how are making out

how are making out

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Roy