cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Every time I open the drivers side door an alarm goes off

Customer Question

Every time I open the drivers side door an alarm goes off and stops when I close the door. No other door opening has the problem
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I gave the car to a restaurant attendant and when I got the car back I noticed that everytime I open the drivers side door the alarm goes off and stops when I close the door. The other doors are not affected
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it is an easy fix
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: It is a 2015 MDX
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

lock and unlock the door from the driver side with the key it will reset the system

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried it but the alarm still goes off