Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 rl 3.5 no power, battery new battery jumper cables

Customer Question
2005 rl 3.5 no...

2005 rl 3.5 no power , battery new battery jumper cables attatched still no power to vehicle what can be the cause. is there a power relay i need to look for

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Acura Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Just no electrical power to vehicle. rear end impact

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes my mechanic is working on vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Fuse on battery is ok , voltage on battery is ok , attempted to jump the battery but no transfer of electricity to vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Acura Mechanic should know about your Acura?

Impact to rear is minor

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Acura
3/4/2016
Mechanic for Acura: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Hi there,

It is most likely you have blown the main fusible link under the hood. In the fuse box under the hood there is a 120 amp fusible link bolted to the box. I am sending a diagram for you. Disconnect the battery and then remove it and ohm it. If it's bad, replace it and you should get power back.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Hello again,

Do you need further assistance with this?