Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2009 Acura MDX that randomly doesn't start. It is

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** have a 2009 Acura MDX that randomly doesn't start. It is also showing codes for all cylinders misfiring, but it runs fine. Can you help me with this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Most of the time it starts fine. Just sometimes it acts like it's going to turn over, but doesn't. We put a new battery in it when we bought it because it was bad, and then the check engine light just randomly comes on. I've hooked up a scanner and erased the codes, did a drive cycle on it, and then after a while the check engine light will come back on and it won't start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Are the only codes for misfires? Have you done anything to address those misfires. A ignition system issue with the spark can cause a vehicle not to start effectively resulting in a long crank.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.