acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

I am trying to set a new passcode in my 2009 TSX Acura which

Customer Question

Hi Andrew I am trying to set a new passcode in my 2009 TSX Acura which I never did when I purchased a used vehicle back in 2012
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I hit the top right button on the steering wheel it automatically asks for a four digit code and I do not have that code. I have tried the 0 0 0 0 also 1111 and that doesn't work. My assumption is the previous owner how to code in there and I never received that code
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

The code can be reset but unfortunately it requires the Acura scan tool to do it. Most dealers will do this for free or a small charge . There is no other way to clear the code without damaging the bluetooth unit. Sorry but Im just being honest with you.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.