Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Acura RDX had a hard start then it would not start unless…

Customer Question
My Acura RDX had a...
My Acura RDX had a hard start then it would not start unless I took key out and put it back in now it won't do that is it the ignition fuse
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Acura
2/27/2016
Mechanic for Acura: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

Is your security light on

No I put key in tried to start would not start I backed key out tried again it started but now I try this and it won't crank but everything works
Except it won't start
I was told it was ignition fuse

Ok you need to get some electrical grease put it on the key it will clean the sensor in the ignition switch then it should read your key

What kinda electrical grease
When I put key in everything works but it won't start the car

You can you can use any kind of electrical grease it's like 4 dollars at the parts store everything would work it's just not reading your key to start