justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

I was told by the dealer that my 2007TL has a leak at the

Customer Question

I was told by the dealer that my 2007TL has a leak at the power steering uptake? Not even sure what that is but what does it cost to fix?
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

There is no such thing as a power steering "UPTAKE". What I will mention is that there is a recall on many TL's for a faulty power steering pressure hose which will develop a leak. I will include a link to view information about this recall. If this is the leak reported to you this should be covered under warranty at no cost to you. If you do not feel this is what you are dealing with let me know and we can try to determine where your leak may be.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/17/acura-recalling-over-52-000-tl-sedans-over-power-steering-hose/