Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 honda civic the driver window does not work but is

Customer Question
getting power and none of...
2006 honda civic the driver window does not work but is getting power and none of the door lock actuators work i have the driver door panel off and the actuator is getting power to it i even tried supplying power myself. first thing in the morning on of the locks will move once and then nothing. you can hear a relay click in the unlock position but not the lock but even if you lock it manually it will not unlock it. i also tried going into the bcm with my modis ultra and commanding locking and unlocking all doors but still no luck i have already pulled a wiring diagram and checked all the fuses also
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Acura
2/2/2016
Mechanic for Acura: justinsbg, Acura Mechanic replied 2 years ago
justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I'm currently away from my service information. Allow me an hour or so to get back around my computer and I'll report back to you.

I have a few questions for you to better help me understand what might be going on.

1). Which door lock sort of works?

2). Do the door locks not work with both the door lock switch or key fob?

3). Do you have a multimeter?

i use a power probe primarily but i have a multimeter none of the door locks work i replaced the driver door lock actuator and now it works for unlock. looking at live data its shows the switch goto the lock position but the door lock command never turns on
where is the door lock relay located?

Give me a moment. I've been terribly busy here. If the scanner is showing that the comman for lock is not being given I wouldn't think the relay is the problem. We need to determine why the lock command is not being given. With the doors closed and key out of ignition can you manually lock the driver's knob and make the other door locks lock?

the key is stuck and wont turn to lock

I was implying that you press the door lock switch inside the car.

okay