Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My question is how do i add trans fluid to my 2010 rdx. code…

Customer Question
My question is how...

My question is how do i add trans fluid to my 2010 rdx. code po 847 just came on, and i checked the online forums. Seem its a trans pressure switch. I checked the fluid level with the engine off, and the fluid warm, and its just on the very bottom of the stick. The rdx has 136,000 miles on it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Thats all the details i have. it seems to shift just fine...

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Acura
1/27/2016
Mechanic for Acura: justinsbg, Acura Mechanic replied 2 years ago
justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Give me a few moments while I look up this code to see if any outstanding bulletins are available. I will respond back shortly. Thanks

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I service Honda/Acura vehicles 5 days a week so I know the brand very well. If you checked the fluid warm and it was near the bottom mark I would not be very concerned with adding fluid. This is not enough to be an issue. The problem here is a faulty 3rd gear pressure switch. I see this very often on not only this model, but many other Honda/Acura models. The fluid is not the issue here, it's just a faulty pressure switch. I will include a picture of the pressure switch. I will also include a link to view the part, part number, and pricing. This will save you time in getting the correct part.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!!

Part will be #12 in the following link. There are two different pressure switches. The 3rd is on the lower part of the transmission.

http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/parts-list/2010-acura-rdx-5dr-rdx-ka5at/at-sensor-solenoid.html

Any news here? Please remember to rate me positively so I get credit for my time. If you don't rate just answer keeps all of your deposit and I get nothing. If you have any more questions just let me know. Thanks!

Hi. Still waiting to hear from you. Please remember to rate me. I do not get paid unless you rate. If you need more help just ask. Thanks