Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Acura MDX.....the other day my battery was…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 Acura...
I have a 2004 Acura MDX.....the other day my battery was dead. The person jumping it off put his cables on backwards. My horn started blowing and crazy stuff. After that we fixed the problem and it started. The next day I had to jump it again....started right up. Then died and now absolutely nothing. Changed the battery, 2 blown fuses and terminals. Still absolutely nothing. Any suggestions.......thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Acura
1/24/2016
Mechanic for Acura: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The battery dying could have either been the battery itself or a draw. There may be a component staying awake or the alternator itself will sometimes cause a battery draw. You'll need to do an ignition off draw test if the new battery continues to die.

The no start condition could be caused by many things and is likely due to the reversed polarity. Reversing polarity will quickly damage any module or electrical component.

You mentioned replacing fuses. Are fuses still actively blowing?