Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It was in the shop I have my code but the message that

Customer Question
it was in the shop...
it was in the shop I have my code but the message that display is error the code message did not come up for me to put my code in please advise
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Acura
1/22/2016
Mechanic for Acura: justinsbg, Acura Mechanic replied 2 years ago
justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I'd like you to perform the cable reset procedure. This typically restores faulty electronic components on the vehicle when this sort of thing happens. It has solved many issues over the years. Here it is:

1). Disconnect both battery cables from the battery (positive first then negative).

2). Connect both cables together with a jumper wire of some sort. DO NOT connect the battery posts together, only the cables.

3). Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and leave it for 10 minutes.

4). Once that time has passed turn the ignition switch back off, and then reconnect both cables (positive first and then negative).

5). Turn the ignition switch ON and see if you can enter the code.

If that doesn't work let me know.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for posting questions to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks

First of all I am a woman I have no idea of what you are talking about

Do you need more specific instruction?

Okay I will do my best. Typically customers have at least a general knowledge of car repair so if you feel I need to be a bit more descriptive just let me know. And again, I do not get compensated from Just Answer until you rate me positively so I would appreciate that. Before doing the cable reset procedure that I explained I'd like you to try just disconnecting the battery first. Disconnect both battery cables from the battery and leave it disconnected for 10 minutes. Unhook the positive cable first. This is the cable that has the red covering over it. After the positive, disconnect the negative cable. After 10 minutes reconnect the positive cable first, and then the negative cable. If I need to be more descriptive let me know and I will elaborate on whatever you need. See if that will allow you to be able to enter the radio code.

Remember to rate positively. Thanks

Hi! Any news?

Any news here?