sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My bluetooth keeps dropping and then reconnecting constantly

Customer Question

My bluetooth keeps dropping and then reconnecting constantly on my 2013 Acura ilx, The dealer isn't helping much and I need your fix for this problem please.I have a Samsung Galaxy 6 which has been production for about 2 years running 5.1.1
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The issue has to be with the hands free link, it's software, or the phone. The hands free link is the module that controls the system.

What has been done to try to repair the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Acura uses handsfreelink.com and their IT department hasn't kept up with today's technology. I've spoke with Acura in California, the dealership and read many post on this issue. I'm wanting to look outside the box with another way to upgrade to another company. Do u have any good logical suggestions that haven't been addressed or is Acura locked in with this provider. Since your an Acura tech, what other sources are available or is this a dead deal which it shouldn't be. Tks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Acura should be responsible for this issue and my car is still under warranty. Everything you've suggested is correct bit I've already addressed these issues with all parties. Handsfreelink.com only list up to a a Samsung Galaxy 4 which is 2.5 years behind technology. I was hoping for some new ideas ,I've got the others. I appreciate your input but I need something fresh can u assist?

The hands free link is the name of the module that controls the system. The HFL is the module that communicates with the phone and the radio.

As with any manufacturer's system, some phones that are not approved may function or have limited functionality, but if a phone is not on the approved, tested list it's usually a matter of waiting for the phone manufacturer and the module software vendor to get the software functional. The software vendor and phone manufacturers work together on compatibility and the problem can't be blamed solely on the vehicle. The website is in place so you can be sure that you're obtaining a phone that will work with the vehicle before obtaining a new phone. The S6 was released April 10 2015, eight months ago, not the aforementioned two years. I've seen compatibility issues take longer than that to resolve, I'm sure in time it will be made functional.

You're wanting to find an aftermarket bluetooth system to purchase and have installed on the car?