Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

Help me. My battery died and I need to find the code radio

Customer Question
Help me. My battery died...
Help me. My battery died and I need to find the code for the radio
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Acura
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2016
Mechanic for Acura: MASTER TECH, Acura Technician replied 2 years ago
MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you .

do you have the serial # ***** the radio ?

I bought the car used, I have no idea what the radio serial number is. Please help me get this code for my radio.
It won't let me turn the radio on. It is still on anti theft.
Can you help me please??

Hello yes I can . first turn the radio off the

please push the 1 and 6 buttons at the same time and while holding these buttons turn the radio on. it will display a code

I need this code it displays so I can recover your radio code to make the radio work

Give me a sec. I will be going on my lunch break by 12 pm Eastern time. I will do it then. Is that ok?

ok sounds good

I went and Pressed the buttons 1-6 and I got the code err3

ok you might have missed a step

turn the key on and make sure the radio is off

then push and hold the 1 & 6 buttons at the same time. while you continue to hold the 2 buttons then turn the radio on. it will display a code , but make sure to not let up on the buttons until the codes comes up

I give up. I sat in my car for about 10 minutes trying to get this code and I keep getting err3, err4, err5, err6. I am just better off going to a dealership. You can't help me with this. Ugh. So fustrating.
I wasted my $25 for nothing
I did that for about 10 minutes and guess what? I keep getting err3, err4, err5, err6, err7, err8, err9,. I am not satisfied with this AT ALL!!!!!!!. I wasted my money on you. I am better off going to a dealership.

ok sorry for the confusion here.

the system is locked up from repeated attempts to enter a code.

the battery will need to be disconnected for 5 minutes and then reconnect and try the steps again please

ok. I will try that

thank you .

Hello were you able to reset the radio so you can recover the serial # ?

No, not yet. I had a wake and funeral to attend this past weekend. I will do it as soon as I get home tonight.

I'm sorry to hear that.

take your time.

Dino

I got the code. It is L 8175
What do I do now

ok their is a second set of codes it will rotate the next code. you have to wait for it to flash to the next one.

it's a 10 digit serial #

I tried it then L 8175 came out again then the letter c came out. I tried it a second time then the same thing happened, I then got the letter o.

hmm thats odd.

then it cycled back to the L8175 ?

lets try this. in the glove box do you have the owners packet ? it's a leather booklet .

No, I do not. When I bought the car, there wasn't an owners manual. I bought it used.

ok.

not sure why the serial # ***** ***** displaying all the digits.

once the display started flashing the code let go of the buttons and it should cycle

please try that

I tried it and nothing.

that is very strange.

ok then their is only 2 options at this point.

1 is to remove the radio and manually get the serial # ***** the radio

2 is to have the dealer look at it.

im so sorry I was not able to help get this resolved

I will submit this for a refund since I was not able to help you

if your willing to remove the radio I can give you the directions to do this

let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it. I went to the dealership on Sat. and had the tech do it there. It took them like a few minutes. Thank you for you help.
Mechanic for Acura: MASTER TECH, Acura Technician replied 1 year ago

ok sorry I was not able to get it done for you.

thebesthonda
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician