thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

My name is matt and i have an Acura TL 2003. It has the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** i have an Acura TL 2003. It has the factory navigation, and will be replacing the radio as well. The problem is the climate control is integrated in the the navigation, if i remove it I will lose some of the climate control features. Is there a way i can replace the climate control portion as well?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Everything in the car is factory with 6 cd changer. The factory radio will be replaced with an all in one navigation and radio (double dinn). So the current navigation will be removed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Acura Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try to help you with your concern. If you are using a install company to install the new unit, there is a modification kit to "save" the climate control controls. I have to admit I've seen the modifications on other models and I wasn't too impressed with how it looked.

Please consult with the installer about how they plan on installing the climate controls before you make your final decision.