justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

Put on new power stering pump and new rack and yet have no

Customer Question

put on new power stering pump and new rack and yet have no power stering
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I have seen this multiple times on several different Honda/Acura models. What I see the most of are clogged power steering reservoir filters. There is a fine mesh filter inside of the reservoir that is hardly visible. As the system wears internally debris will clog the filter causing loss of power steering either completely or intermittently. What I usually do is remove the reservoir and clean it thoroughly out with carb cleaner and compressed air. In some cases the reservoir needs to be replaced. Only use Honda steering fluid because other fluids will cause internal deterioration of seals and parts. In most cases this will do the trick.

You can go ahead and rate me positively Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks.

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate me positively so I get credit for my time and advice. If you need more information about this issue just let me know and I will gladly assist further. Thanks