rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2004 TL. Had problems with battery drain. After

Customer Question

I have a 2004 TL. Had problems with battery drain. After research saw that there was a problem with the HFL. I disconnected it but the problem still exists. Since then the navagation, radio, climate controls, everything on consol stopped working. I thought it was radio so i bought a radio/navigation combo to replace. Installed it today and it does the same thing. Any ideas on what is causing this problem?
thanks,
Brett
Category: Acura
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Here's how to check for a draw, see attchment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i forgot to mention that I did take it to a mechanic and he replaced the alternator for the battery drain. So the issue isn't the battery drain but the naviagtion and radio not functioning. the only buttong that seems to work is the defrost button. You can hear the fan turn on but the fan control buttons dont work. I hope this narrows it down some.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have already entered all my deposit info?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what is going on?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Everything is fine on our end, but use that attachment I sent you to find the drain. Read it carefully and please don't forget to rate me.

Thanks Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron,
I am not happy with this process. I still haven't gotten the first questions answered. i cant reply with out another charge. I dont belive there to be a drain. Even if there was a drain the radio should still work when the car is running. I can't give a positive response if i cant even fully ask the right question. This may not be your fault but the system but i am frustrated with this. PLease let me know if i am doing something wrong.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting to hear from another mechanic?