Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

I have a cable coming out of my bose system, on my 2006 rsx

Customer Question
i have a brown cable...
i have a brown cable coming out of my bose system, on my 2006 rsx s, and a sstem that isn't working anymore. the power goes to it, but when i try to use any of the modes, it shows a flat line where there was a graph, and after a few moments it shuts off.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Acura
10/4/2015
Mechanic for Acura: Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician

No sound using the FM stations nor CD player, correct?

correct, as well as the cassette player. the power goes to it, but the graph showing sound level is flat, and then after a few moments it shuts off.
it's the bose sound system that came with the car.

The symptom chart for no sound combined with the audio unit shitting off indicates to replace the radio not the front amplifier for this issue.

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)

You guarantee that it's the actual unit that needs replacing, that it isn't specific to the radio, the Cd or cassette player, the dangling cable or anything that can be repaired.

I would need to see a picture of this cable to get closer to a gaurantee.

i can try to send you a photo, but as stated in my first message, it is brown, as well as the connection, sort of recessed and square-ish shaped. i'm thinking that-when they install sound systems-there shouldn't be a cable not connected. in which case, would that be the problem?

I have looked over the wire diagrams and can not find a single brown wire to connector from the radio. Would a wire diagram help.

sorry, because i work nights it's sometimes hard to reply immediately. i checked on youtube and google, to see if there are pics of the cable. no luck so far.
i'm just concerned by you saying that the system needs replacing. having familiarity with acuras, perhaps the rsx-s, and the bose system, is it normal for any cable to be hanging unattached for a sound system supplied stock?

Yes you can have cables not connected when a car is not equipped with a certain feature. Can you take a picture of it?

i'll try tomorrow after working my shift tonight.

Super

Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician