sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Can I change the low beam headlight on an acura rdx? There

Customer Question

can I change the low beam headlight on an acura rdx? There are high voltage warnings. Should I wear rubber gloves?
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if so, I've already taken off the cap to the headlight compartment and disconnected the wire harness. I'm having a hard time getting the old headlight out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a 2013 acura rdx
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The high voltage warning is because of the HID lights, they operate at up to 25,000v. Make sure the switch is off when replacing the bulb, disconnecting the battery is preferred.

When replacing the bulb you have to first remove the igniter. After the cover is off and the bulb is unplugged you'll turn the igniter 45 degrees counterclockwise to release it from the bulb. Once the igniter is removed then the bulb's wire retainer can be released and then the bulb removed.