acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

Just bought a Acura zdx 2010 realize car keeps beeping when

Customer Question

Just bought a Acura zdx 2010 realize car keeps beeping when doors open saying remove key when I have. Only way to lock the door is manually. Haven't tried new batteries yet. I've tried my spare key car still saying same thing. The button located on the outside of the door doesn't lock the doors as well. What is the problem?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like there must be another key inside the vehicle. If you leave your keys in the house can you start it?

Do you have a remote starter installed on this vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't start when key is in house. Never had remote starter on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

If the key is pulled out of the slot with the car in the on position the slot can stick and cause this to happen. Here is a service bulletin describing the procedure for the TL but the ZDX is the same . Try this next. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/slot.pdf

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.