Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years As a ASE Tech
7276279

A neighbor told us my acura tl alarm was on when we werent

Customer Question

a neighbor told us my acura tl alarm was on when we werent home. when we got home we tried to start the car and steering wheel is stiff. it wont move for nothing! im wondering it has to do with alarm? would you know anything about this? its a factory alarm-we bought car this way from private owner years ago
Category: Acura
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the ignition lock being seized and the key not able to turn it is not likely related to the alarm system. Start first with making sure the front wheels are not in in sort of a bind which can cause the lock to not turn. I would also try using your pare key as well. If the alarm system is active the key should still turn but the starter would not engage. If neither key will turn the lock then you are likely looking at a failed ignition lock.